Making local deliveries for the holidays can be a great way to increase sales and ensure local customers have access to your products. But if you’re not familiar with local delivery, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Here are some tips for making local deliveries during the holiday season:
1. Start planning early - If you're expecting a big influx of orders this holiday season, make sure to plan ahead. Set up any necessary logistics in advance, such as last minute order deadlines or 3rd party delivery services that will help manage the increased demand.
2. Get creative with packaging - Your local customers may appreciate special packaging or add-ons that are only available during the holidays. Consider adding local-specific decorations or gifts that represent the local area.
3. Use local delivery services - If you're expecting a large number of local orders, consider using local delivery services such as DoorDash Drive, Uber Direct or Lyft delivery.
These services can help make sure your local deliveries get to their destination quickly and safely. You can instantly access these services from Shipday in minutes (in the US). No separate accounts needed.
4. Managing deliveries in-house - If you're looking for a way to up your in-house delivery game and offer customers an easy, seamless experience from start (or end!) point of their order then Shipday's dispatch system is exactly what they need.
When you're running an in-house fleet, it can be difficult to manage the routes. But with a dispatch system like Shipday's on board we offer easy route planning and customer notification for efficient deliveries that delight your customers!
5. Offer promotions - Consider offering promotions for local customers who place last minute orders around the holidays. This will encourage people to order from your business instead of competitors, and it will also reward loyal customers for their patronage.
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to making successful local deliveries during the holiday season. With proper planning and creative packaging solutions, you can ensure that your local customers have access to your products this holiday season.